Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Progress!

Despite a still dreary, dark world out there and a cold I'm fighting off, I've actually made progress on my resolution!
I wanted to start with the easy stuff to get that early satisfaction of finishing stuff off, and to knock a few things off the list that have been in progress for... longer than I'd care to admit. Some of them still need blocking, but hey- baby steps.

My critron. I was going to make it double this size (ha!) but each row was taking about 20-30 minutes at this point, and I don't love it now like I did when I started. I just did a few more rows of the last ruffle and finished. It needs a serious blocking, and then I'll probably give it away.

This was going to be a cape, but I did the weirdest shaping and it was turning out terribly. I could have made it a nicer cape now, but I just decided I didn't want to bother any more. I pulled apart the weirdest join I've ever done and just added a scarf to the hood. Andrew says I look like some kind of elf, which I can live with. No idea what I'll do with this.

This was originally going to be my veil, then I decided I didn't like the pattern or the choice of yarn (cotton for a veil? Nope!) so it was going to be a shawl. But I wasn't really loving it, so I just finished off the row. I'll block it and it can be a table decoration or something.

That's all the finished stuff for now, but I've made some real progress on other projects, too.

This is the Christmas present sweater for my best friend. I finally finished the collar and have now moved on to sleeves. Here's hoping I don't have to pull them out 3 times like I did the collar. This also clearly needs some blocking, but that will wait until the whole thing is done. The goal is to have it done for the Christmas party I'm hosting on Saturday. Totally do-able!

I'm a little bit in love with this sweater. I'm completely deviating from my original plan and I love it. Since it's tunisian, I can do traditional fair isle-style colourwork. Yes please!
I was working on it at a gathering this weekend and people kept asking if it was for a kid. No way, this colour scheme might be a bit young but it is all for me!

I love the vivid hearts and am having so much fun. I'm gonna do another row of the little hearts, then a bit of geometric shape stuff, then maybe another heart row and a few hearts going up the front of the cardigan from here. Who knows- at this point, I'm just having fun with it!

I hope you're all staying as cheerful as you can in this dark, cold time of year (well, for us Northern Hemisphere folks anyhow). Happy holidays, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment