Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Long, Dark Month

Hello my hooky people. Apologies for the absence. It's been a long month for me. There's been some bad news and discouraging job hunting, but it's mostly just been one of those months where it doesn't quite matter what happens, you're gonna be a bit bummed out. Thanks, brain!
I've gotten a lot of crochet done, though. As usual, my yarn always cheers me up immensely!

This is a little baby jacket I made for a friend and fellow crafter who's having a little girl. I was sooo excited to make something pinky and ruffly!

And putting little heart elbow patches on was irresistible. I have this pattern written up, I just need to get to testing it.

These legwarmers were inspired by all the knitted neutral legwarmers I kept seeing on Pinterest. I love them, but since knitting needles and I are not bffs, slip stitch came to the rescue. I'm pretty happy with the way the calf increases went- I like the look they have that reminds me a bit of knotty wood.

This hat is my new favourite! I took the awesome pattern, and modified it so that it used slip stitches instead of sc, and added a blo slip stitch ribbed edge. The pompom is from the notions market in Shanghai, and it's real rabbit fur, which makes it soooo soft!

I am super excited about this cheerful project. I'm making a series of doilies in rainbow colours, then I'm going to mount and hang them. I'm not quite sure how, but I'm thinking either embroidery hoops or canvases painted a nice slate grey.


Either way, I'm excited to make doilies which I find quite fun, and excited about the colours. I love rainbows. This yarn is from a new yarn/fabric shop in my neighborhood, which is also quite exciting. They don't carry a lot of fun yarn- baby stuff and a bit of basic wool- but it's really nice to have something in walking distance. They do have some pretty nice crochet cotton, as you can see!
I also got a whole boatload of white #20 cotton to do snowflakes. I have this grand multiple year plan that will eventually result in a pretty garland of tons of different kinds of snowflakes.

These socks were done for a test, and I love the pattern. It's very clever- I was amazed by how the cables were done, and she had the most clever method for seaming blo ribbing.
I got the gauge wrong, so these are a bit too tight for me. I'm gonna make another pair for me with a few mods- I prefer alternating rows of f/iB slip stitch on the sole to get a nice flat and untextured sole, and I'll do the heel in sl st instead of sc because I just like it better. I'll also make them taller, because I'm a big fan of nice and tall socks.

And these pretties are my most recent project! I love these mitts, they're going to be so warm. They're double stranded and 100% alpaca. Yum. The fabric biases a bit, so unfortunately I should have made the top increases on a slightly different angle; blocking helped, and I'm hoping that will correct itself with wear.
Still, my old mitts were getting ragged and holey, so it's nice to have a new pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment