Saturday, July 5, 2014

On The Hook

Before I talk to you about my wips, you should all go check out my former coworker's blog. She designs adorable stuff and has fun tutorials and ideas.

I have so many projects on the go right now. It's great- some are new, but I've also picked up a lot of projects I put down ages ago. Let me take you through the ones that are active right now.

This is one I started awhile ago. It was gonna be a tank top, but now I've decided it should be a drape front top instead. I'm so excited about it, I loooooove rainbows so much.

This is a sneak peek at the cardigan pattern I'm designing. I love the fun cable on the back. I'm hoping to have testing for this going by the end of this week.

This will eventually be a baseball style shirt- probably 3/4 sleeves, but I haven't decided that much yet. The yarn is very soft- it's 50% Viloft from Eucalyptus, and has a lovely drape.

This is the second ARG plush for Andrew's Kickstarter rewards. He's not the most exciting project, but it'll be fun once I get to the embroidery bits and the dangly dangly legs.

This cardigan is something I am so incredibly excited for.

It's been my on the go project for quite awhile now. It's fingering weight and it's going to have a drapey sorta front bit and then I'm thinking I'll add ribbing to the bottom... I can't wait to have it done, but I'm also enjoying working on it. Isn't the colour awesome? It's Araucania Botany Lace, which is definitely a favorite of mine. It's very similar to Ella Rae Lace Merino, another awesome yarn. Sproingy soft 100% merino, it has beautiful stitch definition and just feels so great. When the store closed, I almost bought about 5 sweaters of this yarn because I love it so much. In the end, I stuck to just this one. I feel so noble for that. Ha!

This is a basic raglan shawl with just a bit of cable detail on the front. Nothing fancy or exciting, just making it like a top down sweater and then not separating for sleeves. I want something thick and warm and cozy for the winter. This one hasn't been getting so much love this season.

This is a tank top I started several years ago from this absolutely bonkers yarn. It's a ribbon yarn, so it's got some crazy drape to it, but it has these bizarre spots of glitter that's almost like a patch of glue on the yarn. I'm pretty excited to see how this thing turns out because I just can't predict what's gonna happen.

These are my next pair of lovely comfy vanilla socks. It's so exciting to have a pattern I'm excited to make for all my sock yarn. I'm an addict now, what can I say?

And last, but certainly not least, my newest cross stitch. The nerdy among you might recognize the start of a Firefly quote. I can't wait to put this one up in the house. You can find the pattern here- I've purchased two patterns from her now, and they're pretty much the best.

Alright, it's time to get the hook back out. I need to get going on these projects!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention, sweetie! What a nice surprise.....I returned the favour 'cause you're awesome, of course :)

    ReplyDelete