Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day today, and I don't feel like doing anything. I might get around to calling and making a few doctor's appointments, but after spending most of yesterday at the doctor I'm not really keen on repeating that soon. Even though I need to. Yesterday I got updated on 7 vaccinations, so today my arm is hurting (thankfully it was only 2 shots, but the one with tetanus is always makes me feel a little tender).
It's time for me to have another hearing test, as it seems like I'm developing the same genetic hearing loss my mother has. I also need to head to a travel clinic for more vaccinations- because I'm going to China!
I'm going to be leaving in about three weeks, and I'll be spending 7 weeks in Shanghai with my brother and his family. That means I get to cuddle with my incredibly adorable nephews and do all sorts of fun activities with them, not to mention seeing my awesome big brother and his wife, and seeing China again and possibly other parts of Asia while I'm there.
I can't wait.

Right now, I'm trying to learn a bit of Mandarin so I won't be completely lost while I'm there. I'm almost ready to go.. visa acquired, plane ticket in hand, just need to get some vaccinations, decide what yarn I'm going to bring and get to packing.
Andrew is understandably rather upset that I'll be away from him so long, and I am going to miss him like crazy. But this is such an amazing chance for me to spend time with my nephews while they're little. They're only almost-2 and almost-4 right now.
Alright, I'd better make those appointments- and then I'm spending the rest of this rainy day playing video games, learning Mandarin and maybe cuddling up with the hubby to watch a movie or just hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment